Everyone loves a good list these days–be it “16 Things that Seem Normal At University But Are Actually Really Weird,” “The 10 Best States to Enjoy An Early Retirement,” or “Top 10 Everything of 2015,” to name a few. We at Foothold are no exception. For years, we’ve been ranking the Best Sandwiches in New York City, and in 2014, we were named one of OUTSIDE’s Best Places to Work. This year, we got even luckier and were named OUTSIDE’s #27 Best Place to Work as well as Crain’s #69 Best Place to Work in New York City. While we have always fancied Foothold the Best Place to Work Ever, we are honored to be included alongside so many admirable companies.
How did we make the list? Well there are many reasons, but a few of our favorite reasons to work at Foothold are:
- The people at Foothold are by and large the best thing about working here. Everyone shares a similar passion for helping our clients in the work they do as well as a deep interest and willingness to help in whatever anyone else across the company is doing.
- Foothold loves food. Whether Sandwich Friday, Summertime BBQ, Halloween Feast, or Holiday Dinner, when we’re together it’s guaranteed we’ll be eating the best of the best.
- Since almost half of the company works in a different state (a few even in different countries), Foothold offers a very flexible working from home policy that allows individuals the opportunity to decide where, when, and how they work best.
And those are just a few of the reasons we love working at Foothold…
Being named “One of the Best” twice this year also got us thinking about other “Bests of 2015”:
- Starting close to home, one of the Best Sandwiches we ate during Foothold’s Sandwich Friday 2015 was the Mushroom Gravy Smothered Chicken Sandwich from Jacob’s Pickles in Manhattan’s Upper West Side.
- According to Spin.Com, the Best Song of 2015 was Justin Bieber’s “What Do You Mean?”
- While the holiday movie release rush has not yet begun, the National Board of Review named “Mad Max: Fury Road” the Best Film of 2015
- The New York Times named Ta-Nehisi Coates’ Between the World and Me one of The 10 Best Books of 2015.
- Winning the Triple Crown of Thoroughbred Racing made American Pharoah the Best Horse in the World.
- The Daily Meal gave the spot of Best Burrito of 2015 to the Bean and Cheese Burrito from Tito’s Tacos in Los Angeles.
As you can see, 2015 was a great year across the board, and we’re thrilled to be a part of the rankings!